Polyurethane paint for swimming pools
Implementation of a polymer coating system for swimming pools
I. Materials used for the protective coatings system
1. Epoxy primer for concrete - 1 layer
2. Polyurethane enamel RAL 5015 sky blue - 2 layers
3. Thinner PUL (for thinning polyurethane enamel)
II. Consistency of performance
1. Preliminary preparation of the concrete surface
The preliminary surface preparation is one of the most important operations and its performance depends largely on the quality and durability of the protective coating system. Concrete surfaces must be cleaned of mechanical dirt, loose parts, old coatings, dust, grease and others. Prior to application the surface must be clean, dust-free and dry. Any moisture could compromise the coating. Immediately thereafter, or no more than 24 hours the concrete surface should be primed.
2. Priming the concrete surface
Use epoxy primer for concrete. The primer is a two-component curing agent adduct to which is added at the time of application.
- Mixing ratio: 100 (parts by weight) Primer / 25 the curing agent
- Viability of the mixture a primer / hardener - gelation time at 19 ° C - 1-2 hours
- Method of affixing: by hand - with rollers, brushes; mehanizirano- by syringe (air or airless)
- The time for the surface hardening of the primer layer 1 - no less than 24 hours
3.Application of the polyurethane enamel
Use polyurethane enamel sky blue RAL 5015. The PU enamel is a two-component with hardener that is added at the time of application.
- Mixing ratio: 100 Polyurethane enamel / 15-20 curing agent
- Dilution - if necessary mixture enamel / hardener dilute to working viscosity with thinner PUL
- Viability of the mixture enamel / hardener - gelation time at 19 ° C - 1-2 hours
- Method of affixing: rachno- with rollers, brushes; mehanizirano- by syringe (air or airless)
- The time for the surface hardening of the enamel layer 1 - no less than 24 hours depending on the temperature and may reach up to 48 hours
- Application of a second varnish layer - after not less than 24 hours
4. Time for a complete cure - 3 days (72 hours) at 23-25 degrees
Thus formed coating is smooth, even and is resistant to water. The protective coating system must have a total thickness of not less than 300 microns.
5. Special notes
1. Materialite should be stored in dry, closed, cool place, away from direct sunlight.
2. Taking materials from the warehouse to be done considering only the quantities required for 1 day.
3. Working with the materials requires accuracy in the preparation of the working doses and suitable containers and measuring cylinders doses are needed.
4. Before the start of the work, each day check the condition of the surface and the coating and upon detection of moisture wait to complete drying of the surface.